I got the certification in 2021 to administer the STRONG interest Inventory and use it as a tool in my “Expatriation Skill Assessment” and in my “career guidance for students”
STRONG : AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED BENCHMARK TOOL
The Strong® Interest inventory is an invaluable tool for career-development professionals, helping clients navigate the potential minefield of career decisions. It is widely used both at the start of a person’s professional development journey and at any subsequent point, inspiring ideas for the changes, additions and refinements that define a successful portfolio career.
Developed by psychologist E.K. Strong and continually refined and researched over 80 years, this remains a highly insightful tool for the modern workplace. Its broad perspective applies a variety of lenses through which career interests and preferences can be assessed.
The Strong assessment is based on how people of similar interests are employed, and what motivates them in the workplace. By taking this wider view, the instrument expands an individual’s horizons, enabling them to consider previously unthought of career paths and adapt to workplace changes such as outplacement.
Starting with general fields of interest, the Strong assessment goes on to suggest specific career options for the individual. It gives them insight into their likely professional style once in a job, and offers guidance at all junctures in their working life, enabling them to identify a fulfilling career or potential change of role.
- Empowers people to identify rich and fulfilling career paths.
- Gives different perspectives on careers, from general areas of interest to specific occupations.
- Provides robust and reliable data about a person’s interests and work preferences.
- Applicable to both educational and professional environments.
- Helps reduce risk when recruiting, developing key players or making major development investments.
- Helps organisations retain employees by motivating them and recognising their needs.
- Looks at broad areas of interest via six General Occupational Themes, determining to what extent a person’s interests lie in realistic, artistic, social, enterprising or conventional occupations.
- Measures preferences within 30 professional fields, from the arts to law.
- Describes an individual’s personal style within five workplace themes, including team-working, leadership and risk-taking.
- Ranks the top ten most compatible occupations from a possible 122 specific jobs.
- Based on large, representative norms that take into account race, age and gender.
WHY AND HOW TO USE THE STRONG® IN MY SKILLS AND ORIENTATION ASSESSMENTS
The STRONG® has the advantage of relying on a very large panel adapted to the different cultures of the people working in the designed profession, to compare their responses with those of the person I am supporting in coaching or in skill assessment. In addition to professional environment, it also imbodies the profile of the person (style of work, learning).
At the same time, a test remains for me a support and the interest of STRONG® lies in the way we (the person and myself) debrief it together with a choice of two or three possible ways of professional orientation and then confirm it.
If you only want to take the STRONG questionnaire and benefit from my analysis through two coaching sessions, the cost will be € 250.